- ISBN 9781920989248 / 1920989242
- Title Cooking and Travelling in South-West France
- Author Simon Griffiths and Stephanie Alexander
- Category National & Regional Cuisine
Places & Peoples: Pictorial Works
- Format Paperback
- Year 2006
- Pages 392
- Publisher Penguin Books Australia
- Imprint Lantern
- Language English
- Dimensions 226mm x 278mm x 27mm
Part travelogue, part cookbook, this book is a celebration of an area, which many regard as France's gastronomic heartland. It provides the descriptions of the markets, villages, farms and vineyards, beautifully illustrated with photographs by Simon Griffiths. It also includes some of their favourite recipes.
One of Australia's most highly regarded food writers, Stephanie has written ten books, including Stephanie's Menus for Food Lovers, Stephanie's Seasons and Stephanie Alexander & Maggie Beer's Tuscan Cookbook (co-author). Her signature publication is The Cook's Companion, which has established itself as the kitchen bible in over 350 000 homes.